background

Monday, October 10, 2011

Josie!

On May 21, I went into the SPCA to let them know that we wouldn't be walking dogs for a while because of Steve's knee. That is when I met Josie. She was in the side room with a pregnant cat, and she was so little, playful, and cute. Someone had found her put out with the trash in a blue recycling bin, and she had a broken tail that healed at 90°. She was 3 or 4 weeks old. The SPCA told me that she needed a surrogate mother so she could get fed and socialized properly. We had a mama cat, and our kitten's were about the same size as her. I talked with Steve and my Mom about it, and decided that what difference is 8 kittens when you already have 7. My mom and I went to pick her up later that day.

Our kittens were still crawling around, but she could walk. We were told by the SPCA to rub the new kitten in with our kittens to get their scent on her. When we put her in with the pile of sleeping kittens proceeded to bop them all on the head, as if saying "wake up, wake up, let's play!" After we did that, Calliope gave her a thorough cleaning and fed her. 

Because she was a little bit older, she was our preview into what our kittens were going to be doing next.












No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Cat tickers
Steve and I have volunteered at the SPCA since June 2010. We try to go every weekend to walk dogs. I am allergic to cats, but Steve really wanted one. We agreed that we would foster kittens for the SPCA to help the kittens, and to test how my allergies would be. We agreed that we wouldn't keep any kittens from the first litter because wanted to do it more than once. Along came Calliope and her kittens. They captured our hearts and there was no way we could give them all back.